Manuka honey is known for its many health benefits, but what are they really?
In addition to having a delicious taste, this honey offers us many virtues, it will allow consumers to strengthen their immune system thanks to its antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
It is not for nothing that our grandmothers used it to treat coughs, colds, flu or digestive problems.
But then, how can all these virtues be explained?
Manuka honey actually contains an antibacterial element of exceptional power: Metilglioxal (MGO). Several honeys have MGO, but the greatest concentration is found in the nectar of Manuka flowers.
Manuka honey also has hydrogen peroxide which has interesting therapeutic properties giving it a natural antibiotic property.
It is therefore mainly thanks to the concentration of MGO in this Manuka honey that the virtues will be more or less present. An MGO index is set up for consumers so that they can buy according to their needs.
Different levels of efficiency according to the concentration of MGO on Manuka honey :
- Honey with 100+ MGO: Adequate for daily consumption to strengthen the immune system and treat minor health problems.
- Honey with 250+ MGO: Adequate against fungal or bacterial infections, lighter consumption.
- Honey with 400+ MGO: Recommended against known health problems such as angina, bronchitis, burns, cough...
- Honey with 550+ MGO: Very high index and can be used against ulcers, gastro-enteritis ... To consume reasonably.
- Honey with 700+ MGO: Very high index and rare, provides fundamental benefits on general health and conditions such as coughs, ulcers, gastroenteritis ...With such a high index, we advise you to go to beelixir.fr which has the rarest Manuka honeys on the market.
This honey is therefore highly recommended to treat the health problems mentioned above, but you should remember to consult a doctor if the problems persist for several days.
Some of the main recognized benefits of manuka honey:
- Fight against intestinal disorders
- Fight against staphylococcus
- Fights respiratory infections and strengthens the immune system
- Healed wounds and burns
- Benefits for the skin (Fight against acne, eczema ...)
- Promotes deep and restful sleep
All these virtues and benefits have led us to search for the best Manuka Honey in order to offer you products of exceptional quality. Discover rarest Manuka honey on beelixir.fr